Tuesday! no wait...Wednesday!

Writing is difficult for me. I overthink every sentence wondering if I used the correct combination of words, spelled everything right, grammar, and punctuation.  Just had to get that out before I started todays blog entry.  

Last night I worked on an idea I had that l’m calling, 3 DJs.  Its three Monkeys on 3 separate cardboard canvas.  Wait, 2 are on cardboard, one is on the back of a a Seattle Mariners poster.  I wanted to do the last image big but did last have a large enough piece of Cardboard.  I also wanted to see how the airbrushing would work on a surface with glossy sheen.  Pretty good it turns out.  I want to go back to that one tonight and add colors.  But they’re pretty much done and I’m content with how they turned out.  

The creative process goes a few different ways for me when I create art or music, let me explain.  

I make time to create everyday weather I am inspired and have a great new idea or I have nothing, I go do it.  In sports they have what is referred to as the zone.  You're connected to something bigger then you.  You become more of a vessel for the creative spirit and it uses you to make the image or song.  And it comes fast (Michael Scott joke).  Its brilliant and you have no idea how you created something so fantastic and it seemed effortlessly to do.  Like it just fell out of you.  Those are the best creative moments.  

Then there are times when you have to work for every mark/note.  Fighting against it, messing up, feels like a battle, exhausted at the end and questioning your existence as an artist.  But I learn a lot in those moments.  Mistakes can lead to beautiful discoveries.  

And now I will use this concept with blogging.  Hopefully a few gems 💎 come out of my ramblings.  

Can’t wait to work tonight I have this news team of Monkeys promo type poster idea.  Its going to look awesome!  

Hope you all have a creative, productive day filled with positivity🙌🏼🤘🏼.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

niece/dog head

see it everywhere