Introduction




My thoughts:



I'm currently really enjoying airbrushing.  Art and life are such a journey, amiright?  Last year, I took a class at the local arts center.  It had been nearly two decades since my last class.  I had such anxiety thinking about skills and expectations.  I studied art in my younger years at UW but would my hands even remember that?  During that class, I found myself rekindling that passion.  Drawing, watercolors, ink stippling.  It was as if I had locked the love and passion down deep and chance to create and everything poured out.  Well so, what's coming out of this brain?

Recently, I have become obsessed with two things: editing the heads off of humans and replacing them with some type of animal.  It is wildly satisfying.  Next is the type of canvas.  Cardboard.  It has a wonderful toughness to it.  I like how the texture and hue work with the airbrushing technique or ink and brush.  And its free and plentiful!  I like to imagine a gallery where cardboard, such an ordinary piece of material, hangs in glory displaying things in which I've created.  A material once destined for the recycle or trash, saved, transformed and put on a pedestal.

<insert photo>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday! no wait...Wednesday!

see it everywhere

niece/dog head